Monday, April 23, 2012

Chimp Sketch of The Week #18



TOM


Tom is the oldest chimp at the Fauna Sanctuary and the only one born in Africa, Tom is the chimp ambassador of project R&R. It is their mission to end the use of chimpanzees in biomedical research and to help provide them release and restitution in permanent sanctuary. During his life in testing laboratories Tom was purposely infected with HIV. 


read more in my complete illustrated book review of the Chimps of Fauna Sanctuary at www.thisviewoflife.com 



2 comments:

Africa Gomez said...

I love this portrait! It prompted me to buy the book 'The Chimps from Fauna sanctuary' as I wanted to find more about Tom, what a face, full of history and gentleness. I wasn't disappointed. Let me know if you make this portrait available for purchase as a print. I'd love to have it in my office.

Nathaniel Gold said...

Thanks I actully gave this original to the author of the chimps of fauna. Email me at info@nathanielgold.com I will send you a print.